Events Coordinator and Bookkeeper
(Full-Time, 18 Months Maternity Leave Position)
Location: Camrose, Alberta
The Camrose Performing Arts Centre Management Council is a not-for-profit arts organization that operates the Jeanne & Peter Lougheed Performing Arts Centre, located in Camrose, Alberta on the University of Alberta, Augustana Campus, approximately 80 km south of Edmonton.
The Lougheed Centre is a state of the art facility that opened in the fall of 2014. It is home to 2 venues – the 584 seat Cargill Theatre and the Mayer Family Community Hall – a 124 seat cabaret space.
The Lougheed Centre is a major arts presenter in the Central Alberta region, presenting between 30-35 events, including major concerts, theatre, dance, comedy, and contemporary circus. The facility also operates as a roadhouse for touring productions/concerts and local rentals. The facility is home to approximately 300 event days a year. www.camroselive.ca
The ideal candidate will be a highly detail orientated, organised person who enjoys working on events in a fast paced, dynamic setting. They will be a great spoken and written communicator and have a strong passion for the arts and seeing events succeed. The Events Coordinator and Bookkeeper reports directly to the General Manager and works in conjunction with the administration staff. They will be the primary contact for general event booking information at the facility. This will include tracking and completing all the administrative work for rentals, including the completion of booking request forms, confirmation of hold dates, arranging production meetings, creating and updating basic event information, contracting, estimates and settlements.
The Event Coordinator and Bookkeeper’s role will also encompass all aspects of bookkeeping. With guidance from the General Manager and Treasurer, they will execute bill paying, invoicing, settlements, bank reconciliations, GST remittance, payroll, employee benefit remittances and generating financial reports.
- 2 Year diploma in Business administration, bookkeeping or theatre production or equivalent professional experience.
- 1 year of experience in any live event field.
- Experience with event management software or specifically Arts Management Systems –Theatre Manager an asset
- Bookkeeping experience, specifically with Sage 50 (Simply Accounting) an asset
Terms of Employment
- Full Time – 18 Months Maternity Leave Position
- Salaried position – $1,550- $1,700 bi-weekly, commensurate with experience
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Pension – RRSP matching program
- Desired start date – May 27, 2021
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing Date: 18-April-2021
We thank all who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.